THE PARADE ON SATURDAY: FROM NOORDWIJK TO HAARLEM
This 42 km long parade of floats decorated with beautiful hyacinths and other colourful spring bulb flowers is a sight to behold. The Bloemencorso Bollenstreek festival covers no less than 5 days. All villages and towns in the bulb growing district in the west of the Netherlands together with the floral city of Haarlem take part in many activities surrounding the parade.
- From 8.00 hrs – Parade stationary on the Koningin Wilhelmina Boulevard
- 9.13 hrs Noordwijk (official Start from Picképlein roundabout)
- 11.11 hrs Voorhout (roundabout Jacoba van Beierenlaan)
- 11.57 hrs Grandstand Sassenheim, Rijksstraatweg 52
- 14.00 hrs Sassenheim (departs from the Hoofdstraat after the lunch break)
- 14.28 hrs Grandstand South Lisse South, Heereweg 466
- 15.08 hrs Grandstand Inner Lisse, Heereweg 345
- 15.22 hrs Lisse Town Hall
- 15.44 hrs Lisse Keukenhof
- 17.00 hrs Hillegom town centre
- 17.14 hrs Hillegom Grandstand, Hoofdstraat 18
- 18.00 hrs Bennebroek
- 19.40 hrs Leaves the Linneaushof after the evening break
- 19.57 hrs Groenendaal entrance
- 20.30 hrs Heemstede
- 21.30 hrs Haarlem Houtplein
- 22.00 hrs Haarlem Oude Gracht – Raaks
Note: The Friends' Parade arrives 15 minutes before the main parade. These floats set the scene for the excitement to come. Dutch Delights are available for sale and the scouts will be selling our programme booklet. The actors dressed as flowers walk in front to take donations for those who want to support our parade financially.
GRANDSTANDS WITH COVERED SEATING
Experience the parade from one of our seated grandstands where you can sit comfortably with an excellent view and watch the floats passing by. Grandstands can be found in Sassenheim, Lisse and Hillegom. Add a lunch, organised walk through the bulb fields or a workshop to complete the experience.All Grandstands seats are now sold out!
Various options are available in the vicinity of the parade for (free) parking. Follow your gps to the location indicated and from there a traffic warden will direct you to the nearest available spot. There are a limited number of parking spaces available for handicapped visitors on the actual site.
Choose your spot to view the parade. The surrounding roads will be closed for an hour prior to and following the parade for all traffic. We recommend that you arrive at the town centres on public transport (www.9292.nl), by bicycle or on foot. Enjoy the various restaurants serving refreshments along the way.
19th to 21st APRIL
VISIT BEHIND THE SCENES
For three days from Wednesday 19th to Friday morning 21st April you can watch the art of decorating the floats in The Klinkenberg tennis hall in Sassenheim. Hundreds of volunteers are busily attaching the millions of flowers. With luck you may get a chance to give them a hand.
On Friday evening 21st April you can view the Corso in a different light. At 9 p.m. we illuminate the floats with thousands of lamps as they drive through the charming village of Noordwijkerhout. An experience not to be missed.
EXHIBITION OF THE FLOATS
On Sunday 23rd April, the floats are on show one last time in the historical floral city of Haarlem. Use the opportunity to take perfect pictures surrounded by music and entertainment while enjoying a drink at one of the cafes. At 5 p.m. we wave the floats a final farewell.